Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Kashmir Shawl - Inspiration



I't really is amazing how the subconscious works. Recently I was watching the British program Who Do You Think You Are and on this particular program it was about the grandparents of the BeeGee's. Apparently their great grandfather was a weaver in India, making the most beautiful Paisley shawls. But at the time they also started making machines that could do the job quicker, thereby forceing many craftsmen out of business. I found the whole story fascinating as my own grandparents lived in India and my mother was born there.

I was in the mood to buy some new books to read and didn't particularly have any authors or titles in mind. The shop owner suggested I read this book and also a book called The Language Of Flowers. Little did I know that this story was going to hold secrets about India.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment